Thursday, June 24, 2010

D.R.I. - 4 Of A Kind


Haven't got any new records to post this week so I pulled this one out of my collection. This was the first D.R.I. album I ever heard and it's still my favorite. They were pretty much a full 80s thrash band by this stage and after hearing this album I got into other thrash crossover stuff like Gang Green and Suicidal Tendencies.




This was released by Metal Blade Records in 1988 but my copy is an Australian pressing made by Virgin Records. I've found this with some of my other early punk records that the Australian pressings have Virgin labels. Kinda odd.


The first time I heard D.R.I. was from the skate video "Welcome To Hell" that came out in the 90s. It featured the song "Do The Dream" from this album during the stack section. Amazing video, I must have watched it everyday for years. It had a really good soundtrack that got me into a lot of other great bands like Misfits and Lard. Here's a video of the stack section, still just as painful to watch now as it was back then.

1 comment:

  1. Great record , I love it , I still remember the first time I listen it. I have a tee shirt with this cover somewhere ...

    ReplyDelete